Dine at Ma Ruby’s
Ma Ruby’s restaurant staff claim Tingum to be the proud home of the famous “Cheeseburger in Paradise”, as featured in Jimmy Buffet’s Parrot Head Hand Book. Ma Ruby confirmed it and she added that sometimes when Jimmy is in the Caribbean, he will stop on Harbour Island just to have one of Ma Ruby’s cheeseburgers and will only then continue on his journey. Once you have had one of Ma Ruby’s cheeseburgers, you will understand.
Ma Ruby’s is your haven on Harbour Island for affordable and delicious comfort food, marrying the authentic styles of the Bahamas and the United States respectively. In addition to the famous cheeseburger and expansive dinner menu, there is also a full restaurant service available for breakfast and lunch at Ma Ruby’s. It’s so good that it’s even been featured on the Travel Chanel!
Ma Ruby’s specialties include locally caught fish, delicious toasted sandwiches with a variety of fillings and, of course, cheeseburgers! These classic American dishes comes with a twist of the lively Bahamian spirit, the heritage of which is passed through generations of authentic Caribbean home cooking. Ma Ruby and her team have been mastering the art of tasty local cuisine for decades, utilizing the best fresh ingredients.
Today, Ma Ruby’s is arguably most famous for its range of delicious desserts. Mouthwatering home-baked treats like key lime pie and pound cake are the perfect accompaniment to a delicious comforting meal on Ma Ruby’s comfortable, breezy terrace. Coconut tarts are another local favorite prepared fresh on the island.
Enjoy a Meal
Juanita and the team work hard to ensure that there’s something for everyone at Tingum Village and Ma Ruby’s. If you have special requirements or requests, feel free to contact the guesthouse ahead of time.
Arrangements can also be made to celebrate special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You’ll find a welcoming home-from-home at Tingum Village and an opportunity to unwind with great food, drinks, and company.
Individuals with special culinary requirements should also reach out to the team to see if there are suitable menu options available.
Here’s what other diners have said:
- Terrific burger and key lime pie. The best I’ve ever had!
- Great value, amazing conch fritters, and sublime tropical grounds.
- Amazing lobster and fantastic service from the friendly staff.
- My husband and I ate at Ma Ruby’s every day during our stay. What can we say? After a day of exploring the beaches and ocean, there is nothing nicer than unwinding over delicious food and drinks on the terrace.
- Ma Ruby and Juanita are the most genial hosts you could ask for. We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary during our stay on Briland and the team at Tingum couldn’t have made it more special a getaway for us!
- Thank you so much for an enjoyable stay. Ma Ruby’s home-cookin’ was our highlight and we cannot recommend it enough to guests looking for a sumptuous dinner in perfect surroundings.
See our photo gallery for more.