Charm, Character & Comfort
From the Bahamas to Barbados, and the Caribbean to California — we live in a world where hotels and guesthouses are churned out to the same stale formula. Tingum Village bucks the trend. Set on peaceful, picturesque Harbour Island, just off Eleuthera, Tingum is a traditional and unique retreat offering 3 miles of unspoiled pink sand beach, a welcoming atmosphere and Ma-Ruby’s home cookin’. It is your parcel of paradise on our famously sun-kissed tropical island and a haven for truly slow-paced relaxation.
Above all, Tingum Village provides an experience not just of paradise, but of a heartfelt chunk of family spirit, authentic island life, and home away from home.
All year round you’ll find Tingum to be quite the sanctuary for rest and recuperation. The cottages are presented residential style in green with lush tropical foliage all year round. The rooms are presented in a by-gone traditional style but nevertheless come immaculately clean, comfortable and equipped with modern necessities including ceiling fans and air-conditioning. Each cottage has a spacious terrace for unwinding after an exciting day of adventure and, to the delight of sea-faring guests, doubles up perfectly as a rapid-dry spot for all your dive equipment!
- In-house restaurant Ma Ruby’s is famous the length and breadth of Eleuthera for its range of hearty, delicious and freshly prepared comfort food. Step out of your room and into Ma Ruby’s to experience the perfect marriage of native Bahamian flavors and American comfort food. Guests will also have the option to enjoy the fully stocked bar.
- Tingum Village is very much a family-friendly hotel equally suited to adult-only groups and family groups. Couples bringing along kids can take advantage of the babysitting service to enjoy a romantic stroll and meal as they wish!
- A full laundry service is offered for the comfort and convenience of guests. In-room amenities include TV, A/C, kitchenettes (suites), coffee-maker (in some) and hair-dryer (in some).
- Perched on the idyllic Colebrook Street and surrounded by lush foliage, one of the most prized and exclusive beaches in the Caribbean is just a short hike from the steps of your room at Tingum Village. Largely untouched and exquisitely beautiful, the pink sands and clear blue waters stretch the Eastern length of Harbour Island and offer breathtaking views as well as watersports, yachting and diving opportunities.
- The newest addition to Tingum is a fully-equipped 5 bedroom beach house offering a rooftop jacuzzi, heated swimming pool with a waterfall, and a wet and dry bar. This is the ultimate getaway for larger groups and offers an unrivaled experience of Harbour Island.
Colebrook St, Dunmore Town
Harbour Island, The Bahamas
P.O. Box 61